I forgot to show you all what Jeremy got me for my valentines day gift. Someone at work couldn't keep it and so they offered it to him. He was going to fix it up a bit first.... strip the old finish off, sand it, restain it, and refinish it, but after considering it for a bit he decided not to. We cleaned it out and it is now waiting for the tuner to come and make it sound decent again (He comes Friday the 6th). I have been having fun playing around on it anyway and look forward to picking up learning again. I find it very therapeutic!
is it a roll top desk?
being a good girl and waiting with my eyes closed
No Way!!!!!!!!!
I have a piano!
It is supposed to be 75 years old, and the outside is pretty beat up. It took us quite a while to clean it off good enough before we could bring it inside. Hopefully there are no problems with the insides. All the keys work, although some are sticky. I'm so excited! Even if the tuner can't fix everything I am so going to enjoy playing around on it.. I already have and it sounds like it hasn't been tuned in years! What a wonderful blessing from God to receive a free piano!
(The piano tuner came today (March 6th) and fixed it and it sounds great. :D He looked up the maker and model and told us the piano was made in 1948, so it is 61 years old, not 75, but hey, it sounds great and is a wonderful gift!)
(The piano tuner came today (March 6th) and fixed it and it sounds great. :D He looked up the maker and model and told us the piano was made in 1948, so it is 61 years old, not 75, but hey, it sounds great and is a wonderful gift!)
1 comment:
That is so awesome! Teach me how to play friend!
Post a Comment