Thursday, February 5, 2009

6 years and running :)






Jeremy and I have been married for 6 years now! It has been a wonderful experience and I am more in love with him now than when we first got married. He is such a wonderful man! Praise God! What a blessing to have a marriage founded on Christ! For our anniversary Jeremy tried to surprise me with tickets to see the Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood. Unfortunately he gave me one too many clues. :P That's ok. I was uber excited and he got to see my excitement for a week. :D A friend of our watched the boys all weekend long (God bless her!) and we were able to go spend some time with the Orpillas on Friday night and Saturday morning (the graciously offered to let us stay the night). It was fun staying up and playing games with them. I have missed them a lot! They let us stay in the Master bedroom...... WOW huge tub, huge room, it was like a honeymoon suite! ;) Nice bathtub :D
We left Saturday afternoon and rented a hotel near the theater and had some nice one on one time at dinner before the show. I have always wanted to see Phantom live and I really enjoyed it! They did a fantastic job and it was nice being with my best friend to see it :)
Now life is back to normal and we are frantically trying to get the house ready for our home inspection on Monday. After that we will be one step closer to having our little baby girl! The next step is just to wait for a Mom to choose us. Please continue to pray. We have had a really good experience so far (minus some minor issues with our portfolio but, praise God, He worked it all out). God's timing is perfect and so we will wait on Him through the rest of the adoption process. :)

1 comment:

The Scogin Family said...

Congratulations!! I got teary eyed thinking of the blessing it is to be married to your best friend!! :) How fun that y'all go to see Phantom...what a great show!! We'll be praying for your adoption....are y'all hoping to adopt someone from the US or outside the US?? Any word on how long it will take?? That baby will be so blessed to be in your sweet family!!