So here is a break down of everything (or at least everything I can remember anyway) that has happened in the past month and a half. We picked up Elisabeth (Lissa) Marie Analia Walton in San Diego on Thursday June 18th and were blessed to stop by our good friends the Orpilla's house on the way home and share our joy with them. The very next day we drove up to Northern California for my family reunion and My Mom, Dad, and a whole bunch of my family got to meet Lissa and for the rest of my family, Jeremy and the boys, too! This is the first time anyone in the Strong family had met My family :) We had fun and celebrated the life of my Grandparents, both of whom have passed away recently.
We got home and started adjusting to having a baby in the house. The boys have been a great help, as you can see in some of the pictures. Joshua will come up to me at varying times during the day and say "that's my baby sister. I love her very much" So sweet! We have been super busy with school starting (I am homeschooling and really enjoying it! I love having James read to me!) We officially start our school year on the 17th of August, although I might start earlier to allow for down days. Jeremy has been taking guitar courses online and doing well, but it has been harder then his last course when he did not have to divide his time between the class and us due to the fact that we were all in Texas :)
The boys and I all got sick at the beginning of July, so that was fun. Praise God Jeremy and Lissa have stayed healthy. We gave Jonathan his first hair cut a week before he turned 2 (it had gotten quite long) and he looks so cute :) His 2nd birthday was the 13th of July and we had fun celebrating it with him at home. Daddy even shared some of his precious cookies and cream ice cream with the boys that night! We took all the kids to the doctor and they are all doing well and growing like weeds... all but Jonathan who at least has grown enough for the doctor to be satisfied... he's still wearing 6-9 month pants! He weighs 23 lbs at 2 years old! Lissa might have hearing problems so we are going to go get her hearing tested tomorrow. We have to sleep deprive her... so fun.
Grandma Walton arrived on July 20th and we have loved having her. She will be staying for another week or so before heading back to Texas. James turned 5 years old on the 23rd. I had fun making Superman James a birthday cake. You can see the picture below. He enjoyed a special picnic on the porch for lunch and make your own pizza's for dinner. Daddy also found a gigantic beetle that day and James had fun carting him around for a while. We finally convinced him that "Jimmy" (as James called him) had to go back home to his Mommy and Daddy outside. Daddy took all of us to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate his 5th birthday and my 30th, which is today :) Daddy broke two glasses while playing with the kids ;) Sometimes he's the biggest kid of them all!
Today is my birthday and I have had fun. Jeremy got to come home at lunch today and did not have to go back in :) Mom made a yummy dinner for me and they all sang Happy Birthday to me. Saturday at the restaurant Jeremy gave me his birthday present. It is the cutest shirt which I will have to get a picture of and post it for you all to see. He spent hours customizing it for me. It says "the Walton Family 2009" on the top and has cartoon depictions of each of our children underneath. It is too cute. He did a very good job on it. Yesterday we went to a friends house after church and BBQued. They got a cake for me, so I have had a three day long birthday to celebrate my turning 30 :)
We learned recently that my Dad's cancer is still growing and spreading, so please continue to pray for him. We are hoping to make a trip to Texas in September to see him.
I think that about brings us up to date. Hopefully I will get into the swing of things and be able to post more frequently soon! We love you all and appreciate your prayers! Please keep in touch!
First family picture the day we picked up Elisabeth
With Grandma and Grandpa at the Strong family reunion
Big Brother James feeding baby Lissa
Making a swing set with Daddy
Jonathan's first hair cut
Don't I look good :)
playing on the floor with sister
We can help too!
Hi!
All four!
We love to read!
Our school work came in!
Silly boys!
Jonathan is 2!
Daddy shared his cookies and cream ice cream for my dessert! (SHOCK!)
Pretty Elisabeth Marie Analia Walton
I love the sling!
The boys having fun
They are definitely boys!
Grandma is here!
What a cool bug!
Happy 5th birthday, Superman James!
Big Beautiful smile!
2 comments:
oh my word have the boys and Lissa grown!They are sooooo beautiful...uh handsome for the boys ok?;) Wow!! LOVED hearing all the news! Seemed like you went into another world and we had no news so it is GREAT to hear how you all have been!! I sure miss all of you and am REALLY looking forward to y'all being here!! I am so very glad that they boys love their little sister so much. Yep will keep that all in prayer...I didn't know if the adoption had been finalized or not (was kinda hoping it had gone through already). Tom and Brit, Lord willing, get their marriage license tomorrow! In two weeks I think, they will be officially married. YAHOOO!!! Dad and I are going to spend the day with them after we go to the courthouse to see them get their license. I need to remember to bring my camera! Tom is having such a hard time (as we are all at times) with Dad and cancer. He wants so badly to move to town so he can be closer to Dad and can drop in and visit more often. We saw the mobile home they hope to rent and with a lot of hard work and scrubbing and replacing, it will be a great home for them. Pray that they can find the mouse/rat that died in the wall...it is stinking the place up terribly!! The owner is doing all the repairs etc and will be the ones to find the dead rat or whatever it is. Their place will be at the corner of the trailer park that you drive into to go visit Molly and Pete. It is sooo wonderful seeing Molly so happy lately. Kate called yesterday and we had a good chat. They are definitely, Lord willing, coming in Sept!! Paul got the time off!! Whoo hooo!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! Do you know yet when you will be here?
and how long you can stay? Have you had a chance to read the Healing site?
I love you!!!
Mama
Wow Lisa, What great busy times you have been having. I wish we lived closer as I think we would defiently have a lot in common! I would love to hear more about your calling to adopt your beautiful little girl. As well as your homescooling adventures. Take care. PS, I did meet your little ones just not your husband when you came out before Grandma died. Of course everyone was so little then.
Cousin Kim (Strong) Cortez
Post a Comment