Thursday, December 18, 2008

snow day







It has been so long since we've seen snow! God blessed us with an unusual snow day yesterday. It had been raining all morning so everything was wet. I looked outside and the raindrops looked a little strange... They were snow flakes! I was thrilled just to see that and didn't expect them to stick, but they started to. I got the boys all bundled up and brought them outside not knowing how long it would last and had a blast watching them stare up into the sky in wonder at the big white flakes falling from the sky. They've never seen snow. This is the desert, so I didn't expect it to last long. God had other plans. It started snowing at about 10:30 am and it didn't stop snowing until around 6pm. By that time we had about 4 inches of snow sitting on the ground! :) It's kind of funny to see palm trees and cactus covered in snow! :) How cool our God is! I am so excited to see snow again, even if it is only for a day or two!

No comments: